Business Continuity Systems Administrator
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The BC Tool Admin's main purpose is to protect information assets by supporting, planning, and testing Business Continuity operations. They work closely with the Business Continuity Relationship team to ensure preparedness in recovering business processes in the event of a disaster, emergency or when a disruption to normal business operations occurs. This is accomplished by partnering with all organizations across the enterprise to develop, test, and implement comprehensive methodology and business continuity plans that encompass all inclusive plans for minimized disruption.
The BC Tool Administrator protects information assets by supporting, planning, and testing of BC operations in conjunction with company standards, policies and procedures. They assist in the creation and maintenance of BC plans in the BC tools and work with fellow team members and management on the execution, efficiency and effectiveness of the BC plans.
- Manage and contribute to the technology roadmap to support the overall BC program strategy
- Share system administration for the BC Planning Tool (RSA Archer) and Emergency Notification System (ENS) with IT department (ATSV)
- Advises on capabilities of the BC planning tool to support execution and tracking of standards
- Share technical expertise and Collaborate with BCM team for enhanced use of tools database structure, process flow, or source data
- Proactively identify issues related to BC Planning tool (RSA Archer) or ENS tool and escalate to BC management and stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of the steps required to continue critical business processes
- Advise on potential uses of technology to create realism in testing scenarios
- Build metrics and reporting in support of key performance indicators for the BC Management (BCM) program
- Support testing business recovery operations, in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures
- Contribute to technical documentations and job-aides
- Maintain BCM Program content on the BCM intranet website and SharePoint sites
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- BC Certification a plus
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with Metrics
- System Administration experience
- Demonstrate Change Management skills and experience
- System Development experience, proficiency in Agile
- SharePoint and Content Management experience
- RSA Archer Software experience a plus
- ENS experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Advanced in Excel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top