Business Continuity Senior Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The main purpose of Enterprise Business Continuity Management (EBCM) is to provide expertise and assistance in risk identification and analysis services to the business areas to ensure preparedness in recovering business processes in the event of a critical incident or a business disruption to normal business operations occurs. The Relationship Senior Consultant II assist the AoRs in their BC-related efforts. They share responsibility with the AoR Risk Consultants within the AoRs to engage with cross-organizational business areas so the BC planning is comprehensive, practical and inclusive of all dependencies on supporting business areas. They will identify, understand and communicate BC planning (BCP) issues and concerns for their respective Areas of Responsibilities (AoRs) to EBCM. The Relationship Consultant is responsible for partnering with the AoR Risk Consultants and Senior Leadership of assigned AoRs to orchestrate planning, response and recovery related to business disruption. The Relationship Senior Consultant II and risk consultants within the AoR work together to identify, communicate and take action on opportunities that will result in highly executable BC plans and will contribute to the overall enterprise resiliency.
Execute BC activities across the enterprise:
- Proactively advises AoRs throughout the entire BCP process as the AoRs develop BC plans, conduct business impact analyses (BIAs) and complete exercises.
- Supports Senior BC Relationship Consultant in collaborating with key stakeholders to provides end-to-end business process knowledge and share lessons learned and leading practices developed by AoRs using strong risk management in alignment with Allstate's priorities
- Develops and mentors BC consultants in developing proficiency in BC protocols including sharing of tools, templates, techniques and leading practices to conduct BIAs, develop BC plans and conduct exercises
- Drive cross-functional support in resolving gaps between technology or supplier availability objectives and capabilities
- Participates in cross-organizational collaboration with Continuity Management, Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT), Information Security, Physical Security and Supplier Management to improve coordination in planning and response
- Oversees translation of BC planning needs to BC tool administrator to better build and maintain process and BC plan information, better align with standards and leading practices, and gain proficiency with Archer, Allstate's GRC tool
- Partners with the AoR Lead Coordinator to inform AoR Senior Leadership and drive action on improvement priorities by developing and presenting metrics dashboard reports that summarize compliance to standards trends , actions taken, and results to enable decision making at the executive level
Collaborates with the assigned AoRs to advance the EBCM program objectives:
- Contributes to the development and refinement of Allstate's BCP standards based on insight from the AoRs and supporting business areas
- Champions adoption of BC standards within AoRs and influences key stakeholders to align to these standards
- Builds capabilities and understanding of BC processes across AoRs.
- Identifies root causes of key risks to resiliency and removes barriers or escalates issues
- Supports the AoR Lead Coordinator in influencing the AoR strategy to incorporate the BCM program roadmap
- Collaborates on communication strategies within business areas to improve engagement during incidents
- Represents the EBCM Organization at AoR business meetings
- College degree or equivalent BC work experience
- Knowledge of property and casualty (P&C), life products and industry
- Ability to understand processes end-to-end
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to analyze and implement business processes
- Ability to interact with AoR leadership to drive compliance with Allstate's BCP efforts
- Project management and organization - accomplish BC goals; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top