Business Continuity Senior Consultant I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The main purpose of Enterprise Business Continuity Management (EBCM) is to provide expertise and assistance in risk identification and analysis services to the business areas to ensure preparedness in recovering business processes in the event of a critical incident or a business disruption to normal business operations occurs. This is accomplished by following a consistent approach for partnering across the enterprise to develop, test, and implement comprehensive business continuity (BC) plans that minimize disruption.
The BC Sr Consultant I position is part of a larger team responsible for supporting Allstate's EBCM program to enable Allstate to respond and recover when faced with a business interruption. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within business continuity management practices. The BC Sr Consultant I will contribute basic knowledge of business processes, insurance industry acumen, and contingency planning to Allstate's BC planning requirements. The BC Senior Consultant I will work closely with, support and train under all relationship consultants, who support designated Areas of Responsibility (AoRs). This role involves supporting exercises, examining risks faced by the AoRs, reporting impact, and driving planning that minimizes the impact of business interruptions.
Execute BC activities across the enterprise:
- Collaborate with the EBCM team and AoRs in executing BC protocols including sharing tools, templates, techniques and leading practices to conduct business impact analyses (BIAs), develop BC plans and evaluate exercises
- Support Relationship Consultants in proactively advising AoRs throughout the BCP process to improve the resiliency of Allstate's BC plans
- Contribute insurance industry business knowledge during Allstate's contingency planning processes
- Conduct assessments of vendors' contingency capabilities and determine the impact to Allstate and Identify and communicate gaps to Relationship Consultants to drive cross-functional support in resolving these gaps
- Support Relationship Consultants in fostering working relationships with cross-organizational business leaders in Continuity Management, Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT), Information Security, Physical Security, and Supplier Management to improve coordination in planning and response
- Translate BC planning needs to BC tool administrator to better build and maintain BC plan information, that align with Allstate GRC tool standards and leading practices. Develop BC training materials and forums for AoRs to understand BC and their roles within BC
- Develop communication that summarizes and dashboards metrics and trends for AoR Senior Leadership that will drive action on improvement priorities
- Report on results of Emergency Notification System (ENS) exercises to risk consultants within the AoR
- 2-3 years' BC experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- BC Certification a plus
- Insurance industry knowledge
- SharePoint and Content Management experience
- RSA Archer Software experience a plus
- Emergency Notification System (ENS) experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Advanced in Excel
- Ability to understand processes end-to-end
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with metrics
- Ability to prioritize own work, work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Exceptional time management skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top