Business Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery & Decision Science (D3) Department is responsible for supporting other internal business units with a broad range of data, research and analytical projects. With a fast growing team of highly skilled personnel, we provide an unrivaled learning environment through formal training curriculum, mentoring, informal everyday coaching and hands-on training.
The Business Analytics Consulting (BAC) family in D3 uses business and technical acumen to find applications of analytics to tackle business problems across the enterprise. The BAC's main responsibility is to deliver value by providing our business partners with tools, processes, insights and communications that improve the overall analytical capability of our business partners.
In this role, you will function as a consultant, aiding in the development of analytical processes and solutions for a business vertical. You'll communicate with internal clients and ensure that projects are fulfilling all agreed upon criteria at delivery. Through this work, you'll gain insight in developing data strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.
Your role will contribute in multiple ways:
- Relationship Management: Building new relationships and maintaining current relationships with clients.
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Developing fundamental understanding of core business problems while looking for opportunities to use advanced analytics.
- Business Process Mapping: Providing direction as to where data and analytics could be used in order to make key business decisions.
- Experimentation, Research & Innovation: Staying ahead of industry and technology developments and supporting experiments to identify new tools, methods and techniques.
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: Understanding data visualization and developing solutions using tools such as Tableau to communicate with clients.
- Technical Support of Analytics Development Life Cycle: Supporting the Data Scientists by providing business requirements, data visualizations and knowledge of clients' data domain and how they impact the business.
- Program Coordination & Product Ownership: Supporting moderately complex projects and driving smaller, lower impact projects from ideation to delivery in an Agile framework.
- Communication & Project Management: Supporting clear product and project communication to all partners involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus.
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen to support consulting efforts with business clients.
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau.
- Ability to make sound decisions utilizing problem solving approaches and decision frameworks.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients.
- Ability to support routine to complex analysis.
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques.
- Has strong aptitude to understand Allstate systems and data in order to provide guidance to business clients.
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines and comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment.
- Ability to support data and technical projects.
- Ability to revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Ability to inspire trust among peers and business clients to build strong relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills; presenting ideas to multiple levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top