Building Maintenance Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Responsible for the operation of company owned or leased facilities in order to provide employees and guest at each location with an environment that will enhance their efficiency, creativity and productivity while maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
Technical skills to support buiding-related equipment, perform maintenance including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, UPS and other maintenance duties.
- Includes all items in the Associate Building Engineer profile
- Operation of most of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and computerized equipment
- Assist in purchasing activities
- Assist in setting up stock procedures and maintain proper inventory for building and related systems
- General working knowledge of inventory control
- General knowledge of material handling
- General knowledge of office operating procedures
- Create work orders
- Activate all LAN connections for move requests prior to move date
- Troubleshoot workstations, wiring, and data transmission equipment to minimize downtime
- Apply Federal, State, and OSHA regulations and guidelines
- General working skill/ability regarding HVAC systems, pumps, gas engines, high and low electric voltage, UPS operation and distribution, kitchen equipment/refrigerator, test equipment operation, purchasing procedures, principles of inventory, and both verbal and written communications
General knowledge of facility engineering supported by 3-5 years previous work in Engineering/Maintenance field.
- Basic understanding of how systems are integrated, clearly understanding their dependences and performance dependencies
- Working knowledge of all major mechanical and electrical equipment
- Works well with others
- Good communication skills both orally and written
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top