Broker Dealer Sales Support Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Broker Dealer Sales Support Analyst in Lincoln, NE!
The Broker Dealer Sales Support Department is the primary in-bound call and service center for the broker-dealer. It assists RR’s and customers with all pre- and post-sale support via phone, e-mail, chat and fax. Primary oversight is the servicing of brokerage accounts and trading activity.This position provides pre-sale and post-sale service to PFRs via telephone by answering questions and processing requests and placing securities trades. The position also serves as a liaison between the broker dealer clearing firm and various product providers.Duties include:
- Handle pre and post-sale calls and requests from customers and PFRs on brokerage accounts, direct mutual fund accounts and variable annuities; providing outstanding service to increase asset sale and retention in-line with organizational goals
- Place trades on mutual funds, stocks, UITs and bonds for customers and PFRs
- Ensure compliance with FINRA books and records requirements, respond to internal and regulatory audit requests and update procedures as necessary
- Work closely with AFS Communications to inform the field of procedural changes and home office events
- Establish bank-lines for customers to quickly facilitate EFTs and wires
- Process IRA one-time and non-qualified distributions
- Educate PFRs and customer on paperwork requirements for new account openings and on-going servicing
- Handle death-of-account-owner situations by establishing estate accounts and following proper protocol
- Facilitate PIP and SWP instructions and monitor them going forward
- Make trade corrections and create/send invoices to PFRs, also handle appeals
- Draft letters of indemnity to correct transactions at direct product providers
- Promote the use of available technology, including Streetscape and myStreetscape
- Update PFR office addresses with external product providers
- Handle margin call notifications
- Verify that proper breakpoint charges were given on mutual fund sales, correct trades if necessary
- Ensure accurate rules are followed in regards to mutual fund swaps, switches and reinstatements
- Notify reps of re-org notifications, municipal bond notices, warrants/rights offerings and tender offers
- Sell-out security positions to satisfy debit balances, clean-up low value brokerage accounts
- Obtain proper requirements to make sure beneficiary designations are approved
- Make changes to customer accounts; including name, address and investment objectives
- Handle jurisdiction, licensing and proper state registration assignments
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (where applicable) required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, outstanding customer service ability
- Knowledge of securities industry; including books and records, rules and regulations, product types and market trading functionality
- Computer experience; including electronic correspondence, word documents, spreadsheets, databases
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team in making decisions in-line with organizational goals and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree or related industry experience preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top