Broadbased Compensation Sr.Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Compensation Senior Consultant is responsible for delivering core broad based and sales compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge, experience and perspective. The individual will implement all aspects of compensation policies and practices including job evaluation, market pricing, competitive analysis, compliance, planning and project management. In addition, the individual will assist in the implementation, management and development of innovative compensation solutions that support the business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and their subject matter expertise. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost. Projects may include (but are not limited to) compensation design, technology, communication and client driven initiatives.
The individual will assist internal and external resources in delivering client and enterprise services. This individual will also implement one or multiple compensation accountabilities outlined below.
- Ensure internal/external understanding of the overall business unit strategies
- Assist in design of compensation practices/policies that are cost effective, competitive and attracts/retains quality employees
- Provide input into compensation design options and recommendations
- Monitor compensation governance protocols
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure that the business strategy is considered when designing new compensation practices, policies, processes and employee communications
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative trend data to draw conclusions to help drive business results
- Analyze and interpret compensation trends to assess and review current compensation practices
- Work with senior leaders to monitor marketplace
Consultation and Client Services
- Job evaluation / benchmarking / market pricing
- Competitive analysis, compensation reporting and analytics
- Actively participate in business transformation initiatives with clients
- Ensure established governance policies are understood and complied with
- Support internal client communications, training and education related to compensation initiatives
- Respond to internal inquiries related to compensation and design, practices and policies
- Communication Development and Execution:
- Work with manager to understand communication strategy based on key initiatives
- Manage annual communications and projects
- Develop leadership communications regarding compensation initiatives, policies and practices
- Build relationship with HR Communication team
- Compensation Education and Training for Leaders:
- Work with manager to develop strategy, training schedule and communications
- Assist in development of training material
- Support coordination of training schedule
- Create materials, such as presentations and FAQs
For this role, we are seeking an analytical thinker who thrives on change and continuous improvement, is a strong communicator who enjoys building relationships and is eager to solve problems by exploring new creative solutions. We are also looking for the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of related work experience in the area of Human Resources, Finance and/or Accounting is required. Specific Broad Based and/or sales Compensation experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, with an expertise in Microsoft Excel using formulas and charting (V-lookups, If-Statements) for cost models and/ or other related financial models.
- Working knowledge of compensation management software, specifically SAP, SuccessFactors and/or MarketPay is a plus.
- Intermediate/advanced project management skills
- Intermediate/advanced time management skills with experience handling multiple projects with conflicting priorities in order to meet established deadlines.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, demonstrating ability to write succinctly and for the intended audience.
- Must be able to demonstrate personal and professional attributes which are consistent with Allstate's Company Values.
- CCP and/or other compensation certifications helpful but not required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top