Big Data & Analytics Cloud Platform Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for senior Big Data & Analytics Cloud Platform Engineers within ATSV Information Services Group. Within ISG, we are responsible and accountable for the engineering and operation of the Allstate big data and analytics platforms
- Oversee and develop the various Big Data capabilities in cloud, aligning them with business strategies and requirements.
- Architect solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability, leveraging various cloud providers, which meet technical, security, and business needs for applications and workloads.
- Champion good engineering practices and help teams to define and setup frameworks for "Big Data As A Service".
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around "Big Data In Cloud" platforms and execute strategic engineering proof of concepts.
- Develop monitoring strategies for infrastructure, platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends.
- Champion the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant senior level experience in infrastructure, analytics or solution design / architecture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Amazon Web Services or similar cloud computing platform.
- Good understanding of Linux – preferably RHEL.
- Technical leadership and solution design.
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes.
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, EMR, Spark, Impala, Kafka, etc.
- Data Warehousing, SQL, Relational Databases.
- NoSQL Databases.
- Integration, Dataflow management, ETL.
- Storage – NAS, SAN, JBOD, Object Storage.
- Automation, Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), Dev-ops practices, CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins).
- Elementary networking skills, switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing.
- Development skills – Java, Scala, Python, PERL, Shell Script.
- Linux Containers / Docker.
- Workflow scheduling and management.
- DR and business continuity planning.
NOTE: This position can be based out of Irving TX too.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top