AWS DevOps Engineer Expert
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This individual's core responsibilities will include building and configuring AWS components at an expert level - Infrastructure as Code - to build and configure the environment, based on the architectural design. We are looking for an expert DevOps Engineer leader who can build and own the CI/CD process end to end, closely working with architecture and the application development team. You should have strong scripting abilities in order to build, configure, and monitor the environment as needed.
- 5+ years of experience of DevOps in an Enterprise Level environment
- At least 4 years of hands-on AWS experience working with Cloudformation, Lambda and AWS managed services
- Strong understanding of the CI/CD pipeline and able to implement Jenkins pipelines onto AWS
- Experience with Linux and serverless/FaaS (Functions as a Service)
- Scripting abilities to automate processes (using Shell, Bash, or Python) and understanding of Groovy DSL scripts
- Able to contribute to the planning, design and implementation of the AWS components needed to build the environment
- Familiar with various AWS tools including but not limited to Cloudformation, EC2, Lambda and Route53
- Experience with container and orchestrations tools - Docker preferred
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Development background in Java or Python
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- Experience with Apigee deployments on AWS
- Experience with the AWS AI and ML services
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top