Avail - Salesforce Developer
- Chicago, IL
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
As Avail looks to expand nationally, our customers remain our main priority as we grow. To maintain the quality of their experience as well as our own employees', this individual will be responsible for successfully establishing and maintaining our integration with Salesforce. This is a brand new tool for our team. This individual will work closely with our CRM Manager, Admin, and other developers.
The Salesforce Developer creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, supports ongoing maintenance, oversees and advises on code/design analysis and strategy, supports project management, develops code and design for the most complex projects, oversees code review, design, and testing. This resource serves as a subject matter expert in one or more application areas, utilizing broad technical expertise to identify new application solutions and improve process efficiency, and coaches, as well as, mentors all application developers.
- Gathers business, functional, and high-level technical requirements from a variety of stakeholders (including recovery, security, and audit)
- Provides input for programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements and oversees development standards
- Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and conduct
- Defines and manages process by which support and technical assistance is performed
- Performs coding of highly complex modules as a subject matter expert
- Identifies opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Analyzes downstream and client process impact and make recommendations
- Manages the resolution of highly complex problems
- Participates in and provides input for complex technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Validates and makes recommendations for quality standards for completed code reviews
- Participates in and provides input for application configuration created by other application developers
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience translating user requirements into technical components
- Has the ability to solve or participate in conversations related to Design and Architect solutions
- Experience in a Scrum or Agile environment
- 3+ years of Salesforce configuration, administration, and development experience
- Experience building components within Salesforce using Apex, VisualForce & Lightning Component Framework (or similar languages like AngularJS or React)
- Experience working with Salesforce API's and general connectivity/integration best practices
- Salesforce certifications, including Administrator, Platform Dev I & II
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to drive towards outcomes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, cross-regional, diverse and dynamic work environment.
- Insurance industry experience
- Relevant technical designations and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Highly Detail Oriented
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top