Automotive Risk Data Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking to hire researchers to join our Innovation team at our downtown Chicago and Menlo Park(SF Bay area) locations.
Our team works on a diverse set of data and systems including GPS probe, Accident data, LiDAR and high-resolution imagery to create
driver safety solutions and helps build next-generation road risk assessing platforms.
This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of some of the world's leading experts to build solutions that are not only groundbreaking,
but also help make driving safer and save lives.
Automotive Risk Data Analyst will develop novel algorithms and techniques that can leverage traditional maps, real time traffic and techniques such as
object detection from images, scene recognition and structure from motion to solve tough problems like Accident avoidance and
prediction. He/she will also assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize spatial and non-spatial risk data
using machine learning and statistical analysis and communicate to various stakeholders across and outside the company.
- Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements from industry and the research community. A strong passion for empirical research is a necessary trait.
- Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from academic researchers, senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product managers.
- Occasionally make presentations on enterprise specific topics at meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from research, software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience
- on a periodic basis.
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science or a highly quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge designing algorithms to support broadcast of rapidly changing, latency-sensitive data.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Experience with Data mining analysis languages such as R, Pydata, Sql.
- Past experience with driver behavior patterns and techniques for improving active safety systems in vehicles.
- Familiarity with vehicle CAN bus signal analysis tools and techniques
- Proficiency in statistical methods and analysis including a deep understanding of regression techniques.
- Experience with database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations reports, web content, or education materials.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Completed coursework or knowledge of machine learning techniques, in particular predictive model validation.
- Experience related to ADAS and vehicle systems is a plus.
- Exposure to ArcGIS is a plus
- Past experience in predictive model development,machine learning (MLlib, Mahout) and visualization tools of complex data.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top