Automotive Mechanical Claims Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you tired of working in the shop as an Automotive Technician / Mechanic? Allstate Dealer Services is looking for automotive repair professionals who want to build a rewarding career as an Automotive Mechanical Claims Adjuster. We will help you advance your new career with our advanced training and mentoring programs. You will help us by utilizing your automotive knowledge in ways that you never thought possible. Join a company of individuals who are using and developing their talents to further their life's work, hopes, and passions.
Allstate Dealer Services (ADS), a member of the Allstate family of companies, offers F&I products (VSC, GAP, Tire and Wheel, Paint and Fabric etc.) to Automotive Dealerships nationwide. This exceptional opportunity is an in-office position located in Lone Tree, Colorado near the Denver Tech Center.
The VSC Claims Department is staffed by Adjusters with direct dealership service department experience. Technicians or support personnel such as parts specialists or service management are eligible for consideration.
VSC Mechanical Claims Adjusters use their expertise to adjudicate claims in accordance with the contract terms and established departmental procedures.
Meeting customer service level metrics and providing accurate and timely claim adjudication and payment are the primary goals.
- Utilize automotive mechanical expertise to adjudicate claims for vehicle service contracts and related products
- Determine the cost of repairs, establish coverage and negotiate the claim settlement
- Accurately document information in a timely and efficient manner
- Document the pertinent claim details in the claim notes
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Exhibit courteous and professional demeanor in all communication with customers, dealers, agents and internal employees
- Complete other tasks as directed by management
- 3 - 5 years of automotive repair facility experience as a technician, service advisor, parts or warranty specialist or service management
- Knowledge of automotive repair techniques
- Automotive technical school certification or degree preferred
- ASE certifications preferred
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing extremely fast paced environment
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills to include experience with Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs and department processes
- Ability to work rotating Saturdays
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Spanish speaking skills would be an asset
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top