Auto Triage Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Auto Triage Adjuster! Candidates can be located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, or Alabama!
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- May work the Triage Tool and partners with the Good Hands Repair Network for vehicles that may be potential total losses, and determines reparability and if repairs can be settled rapidly.
- Investigates moderately complex or occasionally complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates or valuation for moderately complex or occasionally complex claims and locates parts
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Determines valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex or occasionally complex claim
- Triage moderately complex and occasionally complex total loss claims
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates payments (QCP, Fast Mobile Epay, etc) and pays appropriate parties
- Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and Settles moderately complex and occasionally complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- Responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex arbitrations contentions
- May participate in one or more moderately complex and occasionally complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on medium to large projects
- 3+ years of auto estimating experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies general and occasionally broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general and occasionally broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general and occasionally broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies general and occasionally broad problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- This role may be virtual and the adjuster may handle work utilizing the Virtual Triage Tool
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top