ATSV-Test Engineer-Sr Cons I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ETRM Test Engineer family is an active and integral participant on software development teams. The ETRM Test Engineer supports all test strategy and coordination, planning, creation and execution activities for multiple test types identified as in-scope, champions overall quality efforts, identifies and defines acceptance criteria and test conditions, and creates and executes test scenarios that validate application acceptance criteria.
The ETRM Test Engineer Senior Consultant I owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for low to medium complexity projects. This engineer coordinates and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
This role is focused on services testing.
- In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- For activities related to Test Management, may:
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for low to medium complexity projects
- Define and coordinate an iterative test strategy, develop test strategy for low to medium complexity projects
- Support, design, development and implementation of basic/low complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web services framework
- Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, Performance or Web Services Automation framework
- Create test data and identify environment needs for low to medium complexity projects
- Monitor software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Understand and provide insight on the test infrastructure
- Create an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Manage testing-related Defects/Issues/Risks
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
- 3+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 1+ years of SOAP UI and services testing
- 1+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation
- Experience with testing Web Services
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
- Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools. Experience with the following tools:
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Performance Testing Tools (e.g. Performance Center, Jmeter)
- Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top