ATSV-Test Engineer-Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Decompose and/or solicit business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and develop automated test scripts for basic/low complexity projects
- Test a range of Products spanning Legacy Apps, Web Sites/Portals, Mobile Apps, and Web Services
- Develop automated scripts that support existing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Identify and communicate testing-related Defects/Issues/Risks
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality. This may include architectural reviews, design sessions, and code reviews
- Possess thorough understanding of environment and infrastructure that the Products will be deployed to
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product/project.
- Create, consult and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- 3+ years' hands on automation/testing engineer role in Selenium with Java/C# language in an Agile team is a must.
- 3+ years hands on proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java or Python
- Experience in modifying/maintaining Selenium automation frameworks will be a huge plus.
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Jmeter or Performance test center is highly desired.
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
- 2+ years' of hands on experience with the following tools:
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Octopus, Hudson)
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top