ATSV-Big Data Engineer-Anlst III
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
• Responsible for design, prototyping and delivery of software solutions within the big data eco-system.
• Responsible for technical ecosystem (software, data, interfaces, integration) and strategic roadmaps
• Responsible for performance tuning and scalability improvements of distributed applications
• Researching and evaluation of new tools and technologies to solve business problems
• Responsible for designing and building new Big Data systems for analyzing data into actionable insights
• Responsible for development of advanced analytics solutions and integrating new tools to improve descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
• Translates business concepts to technical implementations to drive alignment and decision making
• Works on an geographically dispersed team embracing Agile and DevOps strategies for themselves and others while driving adoption to enable greater technology and business value
• Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical and non-technical partners
• Effective and efficient utilization of programming tools and techniques
• Mentors others and continually develops themselves
1-2 years of hands on coding and development experience in Java and/or Python. Scala is a Plus.
• Big Data experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks, and or EMR is a Plus.
• Understanding of streaming toolsets such as Kafka, flink, spark streaming, and or Nifi/StreamSets
• Experience developing large-scale distributed applications
• Familiarity and comfort with participating in a high-performing geographically dispersed team
• Familiarity with source control solutions (ex git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Open to new ideas and technologies with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to analyze and solve problems in a creative and innovative fashion
• Demonstrated experience with sound technical design and documentation
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog (Continuous Integration and JIRA a plus)
• Hands-on experience developing and integrating with open source software platforms and languages
• Ability to research and document project design, approach and architecture
• Ability to engage subject matter experts and translate business goals into actionable solutions
• Ability to work effectively with business and technical teams
• Ability to identify and drive aligned technical direction with all stakeholders
• Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Works collaboratively with multiple areas and comfortable leading projects and mentoring others
• Insurance industry experience a plus
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top