ATSV-Associate Manager- AS Integration Solutions
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This manager will lead a team of technical resources within the Agency Solutions-Integration Solutions (AS-IS) area aligned to the Policy Administration portfolio. This group serves as a development center supporting ATSV in the delivery of technology solutions. Integration Solutions is focused on the delivery of Integration capabilities primarily leveraging the Tibco suite of products. This includes, but is not limited to, the usage of BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents and BusinessConnect. AS-IS is organized by portfolio's grouping similar applications or capabilities together. This leader will be accountable for one or more of these portfolios consisting of the integration components that are aligned within it. This manager will lead a global team of Allstate Technology employees as well as vendor partners to deliver base and incremental projects for a variety of business partners. This position will also be involved with supporting the strategic growth and vision of our AS-IS organization. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure standard practices and processes are adhered to by all team members. This leader will serve as a technology expert in the given technologies and assist with developing and growing the technical depth of our organization across all locations. They will be involved in innovation activities along with the development and implementation of best practices. Familiarity with Tibco software to influence the delivery of highly available, highly performant solutions with the appropriate amount of monitoring and logging practices.
- Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
o Champions open and honest communication
o Respects confidentiality
o Leads with integrity
o Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
- Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
o Sets clear performance objectives for self and staff allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
o Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using one's self as an example.
General Management & Decision Making:
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Business Partner Management:
- Influences direct reports, clients and service providers to successfully deliver on business commitments.
- Sets and manages internal business partner expectations.
- Participates in communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial.
3+ years of experience delivering technical integration projects. Prior experience utilizing Tibco product suite specifically BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents or BusinesConnect.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to coordinate and delivery work across cross-functional and global teams.
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Ability to identify, recruit and develop talent
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top