ATSV - Application Developer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As an Application Developer at Allstate, you will create detailed technical specifications, develop application and system code, participate in code reviews and module testing, and support ongoing maintenance. You will take strategic technical ideas and plans and build applications that support the company's infrastructure. Typically, your time is divided between coding, enhancement and development of critical customer applications and participation in peer reviews.
- Design, code, test and document changes for new functionality and enhancements
- Learn and understand how existing and new applications function
- Participate in peer reviews
- Interact with project managers and attend project meetings
- Communicate with external vendors
- Provide project status updates
- Redesign pages of the Allstate intranet site or Allstate.com and test pages for accuracy
- Create test cases and policies prior to application rollouts
- Modify or add logic to screens within an existing application
- Take strategic ideas and help design ways to implement them
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience using Java, J2EE technologies
- Strong Communication, Collaboration, Problem Solving and Thinking Skills
- Experience with high level object oriented programming
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and Test Driven Development
- Experience of the following tools is an added plus
o RESTFUL Web-services
o Spring Framework
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top