Associate Quantitative Finance Analyst-Investment Risk & Return Management
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $80 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. The business model provides the foundation for daily decision-making and portfolio management. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic background,a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
The Risk & Return group is responsible for identifying, analyzing and quantifying risks within each asset class and across Allstate's investment portfolio. This role will work closely with investment and quantitative professionals to measure, monitor and assess investment portfolio risks and opportunities. The role will require the use of large data sets to develop market and portfolio analytics, and the utilization of existing quantitative models to produce risk estimates.
- Develop in-depth expertise of our existing investment portfolio risk measurement tools, and perform ad-hoc portfolio risk analysis;
- Continue to enhance our portfolio risk framework, including scenario analysis, standalone sector risk analysis, and approach to assessing risk correlations;
- Perform research and analysis to provide independent insights into areas of investment risk or opportunities;
- Develop market surveillance and predictive analytics tools to monitor existing or emerging investment risks, creating effective dashboards for daily use;
- Research, evaluate, and monitor third party systemic investment and macroeconomic risk frameworks, identifying existing or emerging considerations on a timely basis;
- Continue to enhance current approaches to quantifying credit, market, and counterparty risks.
- Training in mathematical finance, financial modeling, and/or investment portfolio risk management;
- 2-3 years of work experience;
- Strong interest and solid understanding of investment markets;
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets;
- Advanced capabilities using Excel and strong familiarity with Bloomberg;
- Solid understanding of basic database querying and business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau); Programming knowledge a plus but not required (VBA, Matlab, SQL, C++);
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and investigative research skills;
- Familiarity with the Aladdin investment risk management reporting and analytics platform a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, and thrives on change and continuous improvement;
- Enhanced organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- Financial engineering or quantitative finance background, with a Bachelor's degree required in mathematics, engineering, or finance;
- Post graduate degree in quantitative finance a plus;
- FRM or CFA a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top