Associate Marketing Manager - Customer Communications
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of this department is
- To lead the planning and development of integrated consumer/customer communications that build Allstate Brand consideration, preference, loyalty and meet marketing business goals;
- To drive brand consistency and broaden the brand footprint across all media based on business goals and brand standards and guidelines; and
- To deliver those communications with operational excellence.
Consumer Marketing partners with other areas of Marketing and throughout the organization to ensure all consumer communications are strategically aligned against business goals and objectives.
The scope of this job is
Support the enterprise goal of evolving customer 1-to-1 communications across the Allstate Brand.
The position will be responsible for assessing current customer transactional communications and developing recommendations for improvement. The individual will work with internal and external resources to create new customer communications, revise and eliminate existing communications as necessary.
The position will interface with a wide range of business partners (Product Operations, Claims, Marketing, etc.). The role will serve as a point of in-take for a wide range of communications requests. This includes managing resources and coordinating the efforts of cross-functional team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The role will offer ideas and lead communications solutions that reduce irritants and gain efficiencies
This candidate is required to "put the customer at the center" to drive improved communications and a better customer experience, be able to manage complex projects, demonstrate excellent prioritization skills to manage a large volume of fast-moving work, and be experienced in developing customer 1-to-1 communications.
- Manage both internal and external resources to rewrite and redesign customer 1-to-1 transactional communications across a wide range of Allstate Protection business lines.
- Partner with various areas within the organization to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience via communications tactics.
- Help to push the creative product to be contemporary and resonate with identified target customer audiences
- Ensure materials deliver against program and company goals and integrate with broader marketing efforts
- Lead teams to deliver a high volume of materials in a timely and efficient manner
- Establish schedules, coordinate priorities, allocate team resources and escalate issues as appropriate
- Analyze customer satisfaction and other communication measures to summarize learnings and draw conclusions that push the business forward.
- Track project milestones and deliverables, and conduct project post mortems and drive team process efficiency
- Project management/organizational skills Advanced
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously Advanced
- Creative judgment Advanced
- Ability to work with a diverse team
and navigate a wide range of situations Advanced
- Works with sense of urgency and leads others to do so Advanced
- Experience in creating digital/email communications Intermediate
- Development and production of print communications Intermediate
- Able to interface with technology contacts and translate business strategies into technology requirements Intermediate
- Process creation and implementation Intermediate
- Relationship management/Interpersonal skills Intermediate
- Oral and written communications skills Intermediate
- Strategic and analytic skills, business judgment Intermediate
- Self-starter, able to manage autonomously Intermediate
- Solution-oriented, remains flexible in times of change Intermediate
- Naturally curious and passionate about the customer, able to drive improved customer satisfaction Intermediate
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6-10 years of experience in a marketing or customer experience organization and/or advertising/marketing communications agency
- Has led the development and implementation of customer communication documents and digital communications
- Has worked in a team environment across a wide range of situations and led a direct report
- Previous experience in identifying and establishing work-related processes
Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Mac experience a plus.
College degree required
- Client-side communications management preferred
- Client side experience combined with some Advertising/Marketing Agency experience - ideal but not required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Integrated Marketing Communications a plus
- Prior experience in directly leading creative teams a plus
Foreign Language Proficiency:
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top