Associate Manager, Strategy and Operations
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Design and develop the strategies necessary to ensure Agency Operations is best able to drive the agency value proposition, enable the customer value proposition and provide maximum value to agency owners as small business owners. Additionally, provide support to the planning and execution of those strategies.
Contributes to and/or helps develop the strategic design, planning, and implementation of sales programs and processes to support individual business function objectives and considers alignment with the broader corporate strategy. Also provides consulting, project management and support within subject matter expertise for Agency Operations, Sales, and across the enterprise for field focused initiatives.
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
- Takes an integrated approach to ensure initiatives align to the Company determined growth and profit goals
- Formulates and/or contributes to formulation of strategies to achieve plan objectives
- Leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes high complexity
- Assists in driving results through the development of effective relationships with sales, field, and cross functional leadership
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes of moderate complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate Anticipates and makes recommendations to solve market specific implications of business strategies
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, or processes.
- Helps interpret Allstate's strategic vision into team priorities and activities
- Enables leadership efforts for continuous improvements with sales processes & programs
- Helps present business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Modifies and aligns existing and new initiatives to support changing business tactics
- When applicable, seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise when appropriate
- Consistently plans, implements, manages, and/ or sponsors moderate complexity projects
- Provides business/technical consultation on moderate complexity projects
- Establishes and tracks plan performance; coordinates and evaluates project controls and tracks/analyzes project ROI
- Helps determine and enroll resources/expertise necessary to successfully complete projects
- Plans and coordinates the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/ programs to regions/field
- Manages and/or supports oversight on all-project-related expenses
- Supports governance processes
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5+ years experience
- Strong knowledge of the agency distribution channel
- Leadership skills necessary to lead team
- Strong project management skills including developing work plans, estimating and managing resources, time and budget
- Strong communication skills including written and oral
- Possesses working knowledge of processes, policies, and procedures relevant to Agency Sales
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicates requirements
- Strong intellectual curiosity with ability to focus it on business problems and analytical efforts
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top