Associate Manager, Communications/Public Relations
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be passionate. Be a leader. Most importantly – do meaningful work.
In Corporate Relations, we:
- Tell Allstate's iconic story and bring the voice of Allstate to life through internal and external strategic communication.
- Know the business and work closely with business leaders as thought partners, continuing to strengthen Allstate's reputation, strategy and culture.
- Provide world-class communications counsel to advance issues and initiatives important to our stakeholders.
We connect our communities to Allstate and to each other, build and protect our brand and help people live a good life every day. We do this by providing our expertise in executive positioning, internal communications, media relations, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership and advocacy, employee engagement and culture, and corporate social responsibility.
The role you play
A Corporate Relations Regional Associate Manager develops and implements communication strategies for the corporation and various regional internal and external stakeholders; creates and manages communications plans, directs communication projects and monitors project work for a team; and provides strategic communication counsel to clients.
- Accountable for building strong relationships with and developing direct reports and team members.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive working environment; demonstrates consensus building and conflict resolution techniques; provides and receives constructive feedback on project work.
- Develops and revises long-term strategic communication plans to support the business; contributes to senior-level conversations to position CR as a key enabler for strategic business decisions.
- Breaks down problems/issues into manageable and understandable pieces; leads others to do the same; adjusts thinking and problem-solving techniques to adapt to changing client business needs/issues.
- Contributes innovative, creative and implementable solutions to problems, leads others through the creative thinking process; synthesizes creative ideas and forms them into actionable solutions.
- Helps regional partners structure their initiatives to complement overall business and communication strategy; provides effective communication counsel to address new or potential issues.
- Maintains professional and trusted relationships with business partners at all levels; anticipates implications from various courses of action and makes recommendations that are trusted and accepted by regional partners.
- Supports annual budget planning; negotiates for and allocates resources to optimize cost-effectiveness and productivity; delegates project work; sets agendas for team/project meetings; manages the total work of a project for the team.
- Develops targeted messages which create an understanding of complex subject matter; demonstrates a high level of business knowledge and skill. Creates focused communications which leads audiences to the intended action and behavior change.
- 5 to 10 years in a communications role. PR agency or insurance and financial services business acumen preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Experience setting objectives; developing long and short range communication plans; championing change management and analyzing project and communication plan success.
- Experience suggesting and incorporating strategies that impact the business's reputation positively.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style and expertise in developing compelling messaging to a wider audience. Monitors writing standards for the region to ensure that style fits Corporate Relations priorities.
- Highly effective presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Experience developing and executing internal communication strategies which create an understanding of our business priorities.
- Proven results with securing media coverage for initiatives that position the brand in a positive light.
- Experienced in developing external communications to reach a broad spectrum of stakeholders by understanding the drivers for each stakeholder and developing appropriate messaging. This includes media relations, government relations & public affairs and issues management.
- Experience executing Corporate Social Responsibility strategies; developing and managing community involvement strategies and leveraging social media to tell Allstate's CSR story.
- Client service mentality, innovative and creative thinker, inspirational leader, problem solver, highly organized and extremely collaborative.
Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations. A Master's degree is a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top