Associate Financial Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As Allstate's largest finance department, Protection Finance works across multiple areas of expertise to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. Using financial acumen, we recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis, and essential financial projections as we collaborate with leaders across the corporation to make things happen.
As an Associate Financial Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks that may not remain constant throughout the week or month. An excellent Associate Financial Manager should be able to respond to emerging issues in an agile and creative manner. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include the following:
- Independently lead and direct daily execution of analysis and communication of financial results, development of compelling storylines and formulation of financial projections for key products, markets and initiatives
- Facilitate achievement of business objectives with guidance from the manager and other leaders; while managing multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities
- Build financial team excellence, developing analysts' technical financial acumen and understanding of the business to position them for rotation and career advancement
- Ensure Protection Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- Serve as an independent advisor in absence of manager, assisting Regional leaders and partners in a consultative manner and identifying needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, measurement, business case development, capital management and internal controls
- Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results, and anticipate/understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Prepare the strategic and operating plans for the Region and utilize forecast updates to impact/guide management decisions
- Participate on multi-discipline project teams as financial advisor
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
- Improve talent and effectiveness of team members through consistent and effective use of the department's talent management strategy
- High-level of knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth of financial and analytical expertise
- Knowledge of accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Experience as a business consultant in a finance related field – establishes effective relationships with clients while offering analysis and recommending corrective actions based on emerging trends
- Effective Organizational and time management skills - effectively navigate through ambiguity, prioritizes multiple projects to meet business partner needs
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
- Exposure to talent and people management skills – screen/interview applicants, deliver/document performance feedback, manage/address performance issues, identify High Potential talent, recommend promotions and provide career guidance and mentorship
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top