Associate Communications Manager - Arity
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
New technologies, consumer connectivity and digital information are transforming the personal transportation industry as we know it, resulting in significant change in vehicle ownership, capacity, safety and connectivity.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
We're looking for an associate communications manager to join our Corporate Relations team and support communications for Arity. You'll have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving Arity's internal and external communications strategy in a high-energy environment at Allstate's Innovation Hub in the Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago.
From building and strengthening relationships with press and key influencers, engaging developer communities and internal stakeholders, and promoting the visibility of Arity products and executives across the industry, you'll play a key role in telling Arity's innovation story and sharing its point-of-view.
The communications function is viewed by Arity's leadership team as strategically critical to driving awareness for the Arity brand and accelerating market adoption of our technology. You will play a key role in building and protecting the Arity brand, as well as crafting business and technology stories that resonate with priority internal and external audiences.
- Driving force behind Arity's media relations program by ensuring communications strategies translates into results that support achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Identify, craft, package and promote newsworthy stories for Arity including, but not limited to products and solutions, executive profiles, thought leadership, company culture and human interest pieces that are relevant to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and collaborate with Arity PR agency partner to ensure we're forging relationships with key national business and trade press, securing positive coverage for the company, aggressively pursuing new media targets on a regular basis.
- Provide communications counsel and presentation/press coaching to executives as needed.
- Manage Arity's speaking and awards editorial program in collaboration with Marketing Events team to ensure program supports broader organization goals.
- Engage with Marketing and Corporate Relations leaders to support the development of PR strategies, plans, presentations, messaging, among other projects.
- Think creatively, work independently, influence others, establish strong working relationships across the business and ensure that we are using the right tactics to achieve project metrics and business goals.
- Support internal communications projects and strategies to advance employee culture and awareness/understanding of the company's strategy.
- Continually challenge the status quo of the business, seek new and innovative opportunities to elevate the company and bring fresh perspective to the department and role.
- Grow the presence of Arity through a commitment to networking and participation at company sponsored events.
- Manage your time under a variety of conditions.
- Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic.
- Be an engaging and effective communicator of your ideas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required of personnel so classified.
- Advanced Level Experience
- 5-7 years experience in a Corporate Relations/Communications role with an understadning of technology landscape for B2B and B2C campaigns
- Insurance/financial services business acumen preferred
- Previous experience with a PR company desired
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Communication strategy and planning experience
- Excellent Presentation and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Written communication
- Reputation and brand management skills
- Issues management/crisis communication
- Media relations experience
- Financial and insurance acumen (external/industry)
- Understand insurance financial statements and Allstate business results preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top