Associate Analyst - Quantitative Research
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This is a junior role within the Risk and Return group of Allstate Investments. The person will be responsible for assisting senior members of the team in performing quantitative analysis and research. Areas of focus will include asset allocation, econometric modeling and risk management
- Assist in research and development of models for investment strategies and risk management
- Work with risk management system in modeling assets, and assisting risk managers to analyze risk for various portfolios
- Assist with development, back testing and performance tracking of quantitatively oriented investment strategies
- Maintain and enhance existing credit risk, valuation and surveillance models
- Work with IT/Infrastructure resources in building and implementing quantitative investment framework
- 2+ year experience with quantitative investment research
- Bachelors degree
- Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related is highly preferred
- Quantitative Experience in Fixed Income, Equity or Multi-asset investing preferred
- Desired credentials include experience in statistical analysis and modeling, especially modeling of time series data and back testing of investment strategies
- Good working knowledge of SQL, Matlab/R
- Progress towards CFA is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top