Assistant Marketing Manager - Recruiting
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of the Consumer Marketing team is to lead the marketing strategy, planning and development of consumer, customer and Allstate Agency level communications programs that build Allstate brand consideration, choice and loyalty, drive brand consistency, and broaden the brand footprint across all media and communication vehicles, and to ensure programs are delivered with operational excellence. The team is also responsible for developing and maintaining Allstate brand standards and guidelines. The Consumer Marketing team collaborates with various Allstate business and marketing internal and external partners to ensure programs and communications are strategically aligned with business goals and strategies.
The Consumer Marketing Assistant Marketing Manager I supports planning and creative development and manages day-to-day execution of marketing communication programs and tactics that are designed to attract and drive leads for potential candidates who want to be Allstate Agency Owners, Licensed Sales Professionals, or Personal Financial Representatives. This role will also help build recruitment marketing materials to attract new Independent Agents as well as new Auto Dealership Agency Owners. The Asst. Manager is accountable for leading all phases of a program/project plan which includes asset development for traditional and digital advertising as well as collateral development to support Allstate's agent and agency staff recruiting efforts. This position consults with others in Consumer Marketing, marketing or business areas to gain input to develop, execute and measure the marketing plan. The Asst. Manager must possess a variety of competencies including strong attention-to-detail, advanced communication skills, strong copyediting and ability to judge creative and provide constructive feedback to both internal and external partners. The Consumer Marketing Asst. Manager is expected to demonstrate meticulous follow-through and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Assistant Marketing Manager I will:
- Manage the planning, creative development and implementation of integrated marketing communications to support various programs and strategies, offering solutions and recommendations to manager and other contributing team members
- Manage required day-to-day tasks, including status report and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized files for reference and compliance.
- Assist with management of program budgets and provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance team
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings; present work internally to Consumer Marketing leadership and other business partners
- Contribute to integration across Consumer Marketing teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
- Initiate ideas and actions on cross-functional teams
- Work with solid level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects of moderate complexity
- Intermediate organization and project/program/time management skills
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft suite; advanced PowerPoint skills a plus
- Intermediate relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Beginner presentation development and delivery skills
- Beginner solutions skills; flexible in times of change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong ability to write, copyedit and judge creative
- 3-5 years of Marketing experience, preferably including Advertising/Marketing Agency experience
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred: Marketing, Journalism or Communications concentration preferred
- Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top