ASP.NET C# Developer (entry level) Long Island, NY
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Application developers design, build, test and deploy the application and database code that enables the end users to perform specific web based tasks. Application developers maintain the application and develop enhancements that enable a positive end-user experience. They produce applications to satisfy specified business needs.
The Application Developer develops code for intermediate modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves basic to moderate defects. The Consultant designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for basic to intermediate projects.
- Design, build, test and deploy web applications that meet project requirements.
- Obtain data for automation from standard resources
- Partners closely with business analyst, Sr. developers, and manager on all projects
- As necessary, provides documentation outlining application overview and process flow.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and mid-level technical requirements including recovery, security, and compliance.
- Recognize and understand the use of design patterns at a basic to intermediate level.
- Identify support issues and initiate action to resolve them.
- Provide technical assistance relating to developed applications.
- Create logical data modeling for basic to intermediate application database requirements.
- Convert logical models into physical data models for basic application databases.
- Implement basic to intermediate queries, scripts and database jobs.
- Ensure acceptable use of system resources and application performance.
- Perform database management with Sr. developer oversight
- Education: Certification, Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3+ years application development experience with industry standards
- Knowledge and experience with SQL server
- Knowledge and experience in C# and/or VB.NET
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top