ARS-GHRN Communications-Sr Mgr
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Good Hands Rescue Network (GHRN) Communications team within Allstate Roadside Services (ARS) is responsible for developing and managing stakeholder communication practices, standards, and initiatives for the GHRN program.
The GHRN Communications Leader will guide the development and management of communication strategy, practices, standards, and initiatives for all types of GHRN stakeholders including rescuers (service providers), service customers, news media, regulators, and internal stakeholders (including executive sponsors and employees). Rescuer communications includes recruitment marketing (paid media, paid search, social media, print, etc) and rescuer engagement.
- Lead development and execution of stakeholder communication strategy, messaging, and planning
- Build and manage a communications team of employees and contractors, defining team roles, making hiring decisions (with guidance from the GHRN Program Director), and guiding and supporting the team’s work and processes
- Establish and sustain collaborative relationships with other marketing and communication functions in Allstate
- Proactively manage relationships with suppliers that provide communication services including creative development
- Establish strategic and tactical objectives for stakeholder communications and processes
- Oversee execution of communications
- Be accountable for creating and achieving communication goals and high performance measures
- Contribute to the design and evolution of value propositions for service customers and providers (rescuers) and the channels, relationships, and experiences that deliver value.
- Engage in the national leadership team, regularly sharing observations and ideas and contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
- Promote a culture of high performance, collaboration, learning, and skillful innovation and evolution
- Proactively identify communication improvements using qualitative and quantiative feedback mechanisms including data and analytics tools provided by the central operations team
- Lead communication planning, budget, and expenses
- Ensure team members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Establish and monitor team and individual performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
Structure – As a member of the GHRN leadership team this position reports directly to the GHRN Program Director, who reports to the ARS President. The size of the communications team is to be determined based on the growth of GHRN. It may start with one employee and one or more contractors as needed.
- BA degree
- 8+ years experience in marketing communications, corporate relations, or both, including signficant experience in digital marketing strategy, design, execution, and measurement (paid media, paid search, social media, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to craft communications and lead communications design and development for various types of audiences, channels, media, and styles
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong in-person presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the network and corporation ranging from service providers to senior executives
- Ability to represent ARS and GHRN in a variety of internal and external forums
- Strong skills in operational analysis and management including using Excel and self-service analytics tools
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top