Arity-Senior Data Scientist (Remote-Home Based Worker)
- Chicago, IL
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here-the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That's because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn't be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don't just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. Not only do we know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, but we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team, people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Arity, you will help lead the use of data to drive decisions at scale. You will collaborate with product owners, data & software engineers, and designers to develop and deploy robust, scalable services that enhance our understanding of user mobility. You will create new ways of finding meaning from our unique combination of driving and mobility data along with insurance, shared mobility, and mobile app data that help us understand transportation and the risk of behaviors on the road. You will also help shape and grow our culture we have worked hard to establish - promoting recognition of good work, continuous learning, winning together, and having fun along the way.
- Building machine learning models using a variety of languages and tool sets to detect driving behaviors and leverage them to understand user mobility
- Working with large data sets using distributed computing frameworks
- Working cross-functionally to identify business opportunities for data science, collecting appropriate labels for learning, establishing actionable metrics, and creating reusable validations of model effectiveness and risk mitigation
- Communicating results to key stakeholders in a clear and compelling manner
- Applying appropriate methodologies for the problem and validating the solution with the appropriate metrics
- Establishing and following data science best practices including peer review, code review, documentation, coding standards, and ensuring reproducibility and compliance
- Expanding your data science skillset through development opportunities and researching innovative tools and techniques
- Deployment of algorithms that will directly impact externally facing products
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or related discipline
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Scala, SQL, SAS etc.
- Ability to translate business problems into well-defined analytical problems
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in managing and manipulating large and complex datasets in both relational databases and distributed environments (e.g. Hadoop)
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision-making
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or related discipline
- Experience working through end-to-end life cycle from data acquisition, model building through to deploying, monitoring and revising models in a production setting
That's the day-to-day, now let's talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you'll be working for-and at-Arity. It's the best of both worlds. You'll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That's more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It's a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $103,000 - $151,500. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top