Arity - Test Strategist
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
This Test Strategist role is part of the Arity Testing Services organization and will support and drive achievement of progressive, fully autonomous testing solutions utilizing machine learning where appropriate across our Arity Product suite. Utilizing agile methodologies and extensive cloud technologies Arity is hard at work creating the future of continuous testing and we now need a strong, energetic and inquisitive strategist to play a key role in our Arity team.
This position is on site in the Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL - Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
Key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Designs and creates comprehensive test strategies for various products within areas of responsibility which deliver upon our goals
- Creates high value partnerships with Product Owners and product teams
- Coaches and mentors test engineers within areas of responsibility product teams
- Embraces our technical strategy for continuous delivery
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps
- Initiates and implements continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility including the assessment and implementations of Chaos suite principles for each product
- Anticipates issues and develops preventative measures
- Managing workloads in an Agile development environment
- Supports the strategic technical direction for highly integrated, autonomous test solutions
This role is ideal for someone who has a real passion for technology and are advocates of software engineering best practices and continuous improvement and enjoys keeping up to date in industry trends and best practice.
- 5+ years' experience in all aspects of software testing; and
- 1+ years' experience in creating and driving test strategy: and
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs; and
- Experience utilizing open source libraries and re-usable components; and
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with common tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub, InelliJ, JUnit, JIRA, Maven
- Experience with delivering using Agile methodology practices
- Experience of cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
- Familiarity with Agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian's JIRA / Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, TFS
- Experience in mobile development - IOS or Android
- Experience with Cassandra, Nifi, Hadoop, Kafka, Greenplum, Flink and other Big Data platforms and applications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top