Arity Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity R&D is an agile team that drives data collection as well as analysis that results in the development of advanced features. Our objective is to collect, analyze and interpret a rich and diverse set of high-volume telematics data and other contextual data.. Our purpose is to be an industry-leader in the connected car/telematics field. Among other things, you will help us invent intelligent systems that accurately score and predict driving behavior in order to mitigate risk.
Become a part of our story.
At Arity R&D, you'll find a collaborative and dynamic team that works in a continuous innovation cycle of ideas, research, testing, and analysis. We work collaboratively with both 'product teams' and data scientists in support of Arity's business goals.
As a talented and bold engineer, you love to code, get your hands dirty with raw data, and derive meaningful and actionable insights. You're an innovative thinker, an expert communicator, and an agile problem solver looking to join an exciting team.
As an ideal candidate, you can learn and adapt quickly and are able to use every tool at your disposal—software, algorithms, statistical models, and beyond—to understand and effectively tackle hard problems. You appreciate the difference between fitting and implementing statistical models, the importance of good metrics, and the significance of large-volume high-quality data. You can perceive common structure between superficially unrelated problems, and can use this to build tools, algorithms, and products with superlinear value.
You're also an individual who….
- Embraces a continuously evolving breadth of projects and goals.
- Dedicates time and interest to learning, teaching, and continuously improving.
- Generously shares knowledge
- Desires to contribute concretely to design sessions, analytical discussions, and retrospectives.
- Innovates and problem-solves by using new modeling techniques or tools.
- Takes initiative and works efficiently while maintaining a focus on the bigger picture.
- Effectively communicates insights and results to team members and leadership..
- Partners closely with technical and non-technical staff to define user and project requirements.
- Works collaboratively with other team members in pursuit of a common goal.
- Helps define best practices.
This is an opportunity to exercise creativity in an analytical role; our projects take many forms and require a diverse, flexible set of technical skills:
- A BSc in one of the following: Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- 3+ years of hands on applied supervised and unsupervised machine learning experience in a corporate setting.
- Experience customizing machine learning algorithms to meet a specific need.
- Experience implementing multi-purpose machine learning algorithms for use in a production setting.
- Experience collaborating with multiple people across different disciplines in pursuit of a common goal.
- Experience in data engineering.
- Experience mentoring and developing a high performance team of machine learning engineers and research scientists.
- Lead and participate in peer reviews, code reviews etc..
- Define and develop best practices for data preprocessing and pipeline development.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language: Python,, R, Matlab
- Proficiency in at least one programming language: Java, C++
- Proficiency in relevant machine learning packages: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow,,Caret, Weka, etc…
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience with analytics, data gathering and data mining tools to guide business strategy.
- Responsible for creating implementation aids and guide production implementation of developed capabilities.
- Stay informed on the latest machine learning trends and techniques, e.g. sparse autoencoders, generative pre-training, etc.
- PhD in one of the following: Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in applied supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Experience working with mobile sensor data.
- Experience working with Spark,,HDFS, MapReduce
- Experience in any of the following areas: deep learning, semi-supervised learning, self-taught learning, signal processing, time series analysis.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top