Arity - Senior Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Arity Consumer Solutions brings people holistic mobility solutions so they can travel safer, more efficiently, and be more insightful about the world around them. We build products that drive towards "respectful delivery" of insights to people as opposed to "instant interruption".
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Arity Consumer Solutions growing product portfolio. The Senior Product Manager develops, leads, and manages strategic product vision, product discovery and roadmaps to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Senior Product Manager also collaborates with Marketing and other Areas of Responsibility (AoR) to plan and execute an integrated marketing plan to support market awareness and adoption for their product, as applicable. Product Managers are also responsible for managing and coaching staff and development.
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio. Develop and inform product strategy via the effective combination of customer engagement, detailed market analysis and business case development
- Be recognized as the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits and to elicit their feedback to potential product concepts and/or to released product iterations.
- Become recognized as the subject matter expert in his/her product space within the department
- Responsibility for development of product management discipline within greater team and department
- Plan and lead discovery/test (A/B Testing) & learn activities to quickly validate concepts as appropriate for backlog investments
- Drive the development of software alongside your Agile team(s) by serving as Product Owner – grooming the product backlog, creating illustrative and effective user stories and providing timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Influence others and gain consensus using validated learnings.
- Lead and initiate partnerships with stakeholders inside and outside of the enterprise, and present to field teams and at events as the "product expert" for your defined product area.
- Lead collaboration with Technology Partners to evaluate build, buy and/or partner decisions to advance product strategy and maximize Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)Identify barriers and lead the removal of barriers or plan adjustments
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization
- Leads development and recommendation of new techniques and processes to support innovative solutions
- Weighs alternatives and considers service and business implications of decisions
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness; develops strategies for adjusted courses of action
- Ability to lead and direct team members where you do not have direct management responsibility. Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- 7-10 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience at a startup
- Experience managing and operating in an environment driven by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), creating goals for a team and managing to those goals. Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results, both financial and operational
- Experience in product management or product development for a B2C business model or a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated success in directing and executing new product or digital product development activities in multiple areas
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to the new product development team with proven experience driving decision making
- Clear passion for topics of lean startup principles, software product development and delivery, mobility, Connected Car and/or Internet of Things products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
- Strong knowledge of competitor practices
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and collaborate across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Facilitate (instructing, leading) and formal presentations to management
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top