Arity Machine Learning Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Machine Learning team is responsible for researching, designing, and building various scales and complexity systems by implementing supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques. This team applies technologies and methodologies associated with machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and/or ontology engineering technologies. Incumbents will work both individually and with small teams to envision and realize cutting-edge ideas through rapid prototyping, development and deployment.
- Develops and adapts best practices to design and build medium complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to design and prototyping of medium to high complexity machine learning systems
- Contributes to the realization of major machine learning technical capabilities in the industry by being responsible for the identification, research and software implementation of these capabilities
- With some technical support, leads a technical team to implement machine learning solutions
- Contributes to effort to revise current practices; lead innovation in technical capability delivery
- Provides influence and technical advice to Jr. level team members when developing solutions
- Reaches out to support and collaborate with other technology functional teams to build the solution
- Represents area of professional and/or technical expertise for Allstate
- May be considered a thought leader within the team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence major is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years full time hands-on software engineering experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years full time hands-on machine learning or artificial intelligence software engineering experience
- Both front and backend technical experience with cognitive business applications.
- Instinctive knowledge of how people will want to use a product, service, or solution that solves a real world business problem.
- Hands on experience with various supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques
- Understanding of various deep machine-learning techniques
- Hands on experience in one or two of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, or ontology engineering technologies.
- Ability to develop and adapt standard machine learning methods and best practice
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top