Arity - IT Portfolio Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for creating processes, governance, tools and reports used to plan, create, assess, balance and provide transparency into the product portfolio and drive analysis on resource capacity and demand. The Portfolio Manager will also support leadership in evaluating new initiatives against the overall strategic direction of the company and bring awareness to interdependencies for decision making.
The Portfolio Manager role sits within the Customer Success Organization of Arity and will be responsible for supporting a $150M portfolio. The opportunity is to join Arity and partner with key stakeholders to manage the demand pipeline, provide input around capacity planning, provide transparency into the health, spend and strategic alignment of the portfolio and support financial planning and analysis.The Portfolio Manager is also accountable for the development and communication of portfolio metrics that represent portfolio performance. The IT Portfolio Manager is focused on looking for opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiencies in the portfolio while reducing risk. The Portfolio Manager will review and provide input on sourcing strategies for the concerned projects, ensure the distribution of resources and advise stakeholders on priorities based on business goals. The Portfolio Manager has a strategic role in planning the portfolio structure to enable accurate P&L reporting, packaging and communicating the portfolio plan, and tracking and measuring results.
- Manage relationship with and Act as primary liaison among stakeholders with the goal of defining, planning, building and assessing the portfolio mix
- Conduct portfolio wide analysis and advise on project/program pipeline and delivery risk, including but not limited to sequencing, dependencies, capacity, forecasting and the execution of quality and timely delivery.
- Work with leadership and finance to design, develop, evolve, analyze and report on critical portfolio metrics ensuring timely publishing of the information along with appropriate levels of communication about the metrics.
- Develop and present simple to moderately complex executive communications selecting the appropriate message for the audience.
- Monitor alignment of prioritized products against resource capacity and partner with product managers, resource managers and delivery teams to assist with balancing capacity and demand
- Partner with Finance to support financial planning, forecasting, monitoring and analysis to ensure accurate financials to enable investment decisions and accurate P&L reporting
- Analyze, understand and articulate portfolio health and contribute to decisions on portfolio issue resolution,risk mitigation and budget variance
- Monitor resource timekeeping compliance to ensure accurate tracking of level of effort against products and customer segments
- Direct portfolio coordinators who enter and manage time for plans within the Arity portfolio. Direction includes providing goals and objectives for the coordinators, working to execute appropriate communications about timekeeping across the organization, directing needed support for organizational and financial forecasting, budgeting and ongoing planning, and assigning special project work.
- Drive and manage the appropriate project pipelines including facilitating the development of early and late stage estimates for accurate prioritization and alignment with business and technology strategies.
- Hands on work for resource management on plans and interactions with other resource and project managers in order to execute and monitor resource management for the portfolio.
- Champion existing processes and best practices.
- Capable of acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor in providing oversight of portfolio health and assessment of opportunities.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to independently drive resolution of issues and challenges and shape your own work based on the unique demands of your specific portfolio.
- Curiosity to investigate industry standards and best practices and challenge the status quo and develop creative recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills, highly organized and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are paramount to this position.
- Design, develop, analyze and report on critical portfolio metrics including product burndown by customer segment.
- Education: College Degree (Preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience in progressively responsible information technology positions or relevant area of business (portfolio management, project/program management, resource management, financial analysis)
- Financial acumen with 3 or more years of experience in roles involving budgetary responsibility including forecasting and trending portfolio financials.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with ability to develop executive level communications
- Comfort with ambiguity and able to independently drive resolution of issues and challenges
- Three or more years of experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple large projects
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership, with strong abilities in relationship management
- Gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects and competing priorities
- Gained experience in leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Have familiarity with Agile, SDLC and/or other recognized software development and project management methodologies.
- Experience working in a program management office (PMO) using project and portfolio management tools (e.g. MS Project, Jira, etc..)
- Excellent written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels (employees and leaders); including strong presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and familiar with other MS Office products/tools. (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experience in a global business environment preferred
- Experience leading dispersed, global team members
- Experience working in a SaaS/product organization
- Experience of working in the financial services and/or IT sector Experience of working in the financial services and/or IT sector
- Previous experience in a Portfolio Management role
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top