Arity - IT Portfolio Coordinator
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Portfolio Coordinator delivers a high standard of services for portfolio managers and key portfolio stakeholders, supporting planning and delivery of work within Allstate's technology portfolios. Portfolio Coordinators support delivery of portfolio management services by overseeing work intake, providing insights into capacity planning, and creating transparency into portfolio health and financials.
The Portfolio Coordinator is accountable for leading all portfolio coordination aspects and supporting some portfolio management for Allstate's highest complexity technology portfolios. This role is capable of independent leadership for portfolio coordination activities in highly complex portfolios which have the greatest volume of work, wide organizational reach, and most interconnection points. Working under the direction of a more senior portfolio manager, the Portfolio Coordinator Consultant II is also capable of providing higher levels of support to ensure delivery of portfolio management services.
Lead all of the related portfolio coordination activities within their given portfolio including project managing work through the intake pipeline including facilitating the development of early and late stage estimates, maintaining status for reporting. This includes:
- Receive/process all demands in intake tool.
- Ensure demand received meets standards for moving through the work pipeline.
- Ensure status of all intake is current.
- Report and document status of intake items based on responses from follow up.
- Take action on progressing items to next intake status based on responses from follow up.
- Support intake ensuring timely decisions are reached for slotting, estimating, requirements and staffing.
- Route all estimates, using appropriate tools, where applicable (eProject, CSO Central, EPM, etc)
- Ensure all responses are received back from teams for each project
- Follow/escalate when teams do not respond in the designated timeframe
- Consolidate estimate information into standard estimate level 2 template
- Send consolidated estimate feedback to PfM for validation
- After PfM feedback received and any updates noted, return estimate to business originator
- Maintenance of resource, Initiative lists, etc. when new resources and Initiatives are added.
- Collect status reporting across for effective tracking and communication of portfolio status and metrics.
- Support financial reporting processes and assist PfM in completing financial requests as required
- Produce monthly follow up reports based on ATSV Work Intake status to follow up on aging requests.
- Gather data to support creation and reporting on portfolio metrics.
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of the business objectives of the portfolio supports.
- Help portfolio managers evaluate opportunities within the portfolio by gathering data to conduct scenario analysis.
- Gather data to review and provide high level analysis of resource allocation based on current resource assignments.
- Support operations plan set up and maintenance as identified.
- Support portfolio managers in synthesis of portfolio data to develop and present communications to portfolio leaders.
- Understand and champion existing processes while continually challenging the status quo to support continuous improvement.
- Understand and contribute data to support decisions on portfolio issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Support portfolio managers in conducting portfolio analysis and provide insights and recommendations on delivery risk, work sequencing, work interdependencies, resource capacity, funding availability, and the execution of quality and timely delivery.
- Understand and champion existing processes while continually investigating industry best practices and challenging the status quo to support continuous improvement.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with portfolio / program / project management and/or consulting experience in technology delivery.
- Communication and relationship skills; ability to interact with all levels of end users (written, verbal, presentation).
- Organizational and analytical skills (able to analyze, manipulate, and interpret data).
- Ability to multi-task and exhibit effective time management and organization skills.
- Intermediate skills with MS Project and Excel and familiar with other MS Office products/tools.
- Familiar with project and portfolio management tools.
- Familiarity with SDLC, waterfall, Agile and/or other recognized software development and project management methodologies.
- Experience with project / program expense and financial analysis.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Some ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines, comfortable performing in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Works well independently and in teams.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top