Arity - Financial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity: the who, what, where and why:
Who we are: Founded by Allstate, Arity is a technology company that leverages software, data and analytics to help our customers better manage risk.
What we do: We create models and applications that turn data from sensors in cars and mobile phones into actionable insights.
Where we operate: Arity's primary operations are in downtown Chicago, with more than 200 technologists, data scientists and developers located across North America, Europe and Asia.
Why we were built: Arity was built to leverage the power of the connected car by providing a platform that helps customers protect what matters most.
Arity creates products and platforms to enhance customer relationships with more positive, frequent interactions through connected car solutions. Drivewise was Arity and Allstate's first connected car product that personalized the auto experience with features and services that encourage safe driving, as well as rewards for safe driving.
Arity's business and delivery models are best described as business to business and business to consumer - enabling value across Allstate brands (Allstate, Encompass, Esurance, and Answer Financial, Inc.) and outside of Allstate. Our focus is in understanding the customer journey in a connected world. We enable consumers interested in taking their driving safety, experience and IQ to the next level; consumers who know that technology is meant to help enhance their daily travel, not distract them from the experience.
This role will support the Finance, Planning & Reporting team within Arity. The Finance, Planning & Reporting team is responsible for creating and managing best practice financial processes, performing financial planning and reporting, creating analytics to assess financial product performance and identify trends.
This individual will work collaboratively across the cross-functional Arity team and will focus on managing finance and accounting processes to ensure the accuracy and transparency of financial results and product development efforts.
This role will support the Finance team within Arity and will be focused on creating processes and analytics to mature reporting and processes for AR/AP, , reporting processes, improve operational reporting, and drive Arity product portfolio decisions.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Work with finance and accounting areas across Allstate to create and drive 'best practices' within Arity
- Own AP/AR processes for Arity and ensure proper integration and coordination with Allstate
- Partner with Allstate accounting to develop accrual processes for Arity
- Understand and drive efficiencies in cost center structure
- Improve Arity process documentation
- Assist in the development of monthly Arity 'close' processes
- Proactively contributes to an environment of continual improvement within and across Arity teams
- Assist in creating accurate, timely reports with financial insight and transparency to allow functional areas across Arity to improve performance
- Analyze Arity financials to help influence and drive action as well as increase transparency related to processes for corporate allocations
- Identify significant payments, identify drivers and assist in forecasts for implications through objective and targeted analysis
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Bachelor's in finance or related field preferred
- 1+ years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Strong attention to details
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong experience in time and task management
- Experience presenting to business clients and management
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top