Arity - Data Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The consultant will have to opportunity to dive deep into data and own the process of investigation and statistical analysis. We run many different types of tests that might require the data analyst to gather data on planes, trains, and automobiles!
As an ideal candidate, you'll be an innovative thinker, an expert communicator, and an agile problem solver looking to join an exciting team. There is nothing more satisfying to you than contributing to the release of high quality products. You're familiar with scripting languages and aren't afraid of owning the entire testing process. Crafting test protocols, performing field tests when needed, as well as setting up test automation is what gets you up in the morning!
Responsible for collaborating with clients to make objective customer-focused and data-driven decisions by providing analytical insight, actionable data and recommendations. Responsible for projects, providing analytics support, and serving in a consultant role across Operations.
Responsible for breaking down business problems (i.e. key drivers for trends such as volume increases, low cycle times, decreases in quality, etc.) into structured analysis by assessing the requirements and/or business impact to arrive at recommended solutions in operational analytics. With limited guidance, the consultant will independently provide an understanding of data to produce insights and actionable recommendations to Operations business partners/leaders in the form of analytic projects, striving to positively impact and influence operational efficiencies and business decisions. The consultant will have a passion for problem solving, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively.
- Coordinates projects and program execution.
- Designs test protocols and writes automation scripts for applications/devices (Sensors) contributing data.
- Structures tests to ensure the release of the best possible product
- Is passionate about test driven development and a strong desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Applies statistical analysis to testing research
- Coordinates with Machine Learning Engineers and Product Managers to collect and validate datasets
- Iterates and improves on the design of research-based validation
- Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions affecting deliverables
- Coordinates with other stakeholders to capture requirements, analyze results, validate results and communicate findings
- Documents and maintains findings across research items with collaborative tools
- Prepares presentations to showcase the team's research and findings
- Manages inventory of test sensors (mobile phones, tags, other connected devices) and allocates them to specific experiments
- Develops and implement analytical and/or statistical methodologies for evaluating Operations processes, business problems, and/or ROI of products and services.
- Assists in identifying actionable insights and recommendations to influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results across functional groups.
- Assists in developing analytics "story" and visual presentation strategies to ensure data is conveyed in meaningful and interpretive formats for all audience levels.
- Analyzes structured and unstructured data from a number of sources to identify drivers
- Provides recommendations and forecasts operational volume for work conditions and staffing models
- Reviews results, identifies variances to planned performance, analyzes causes of variance and make actionable recommendations to frontline leaders
- Performs data analysis and evaluates trend analysis using statistical methods
- Monitors trends and analyzes data stores to ensure data is of expected quality
- Identifies data elements needed to support business objectives and improve programs.
- Integrates technical knowledge with business processes and functions
- Presents insights and findings on major projects to senior leadership. Effectively communicates logic and technical processes supporting the analytic solutions.
- 20% driving is required for this role
- Ability and willingness to perform real-world tests (outdoor driving required) for research items such as: test how a mobile application is capturing driving data
- Attend required behind the wheel training and utilize skills when driving. And abide by all traffic regulations
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research or related field) and 2-4 years of related experience
- Must possess active and valid driver's license
- Experience (6 months - 1yr) with conducting descriptive statistics and exploratory data analysis (univariate, bivariate, distribution, correlation, histogram, scatter, box plots, trend lines, text mining)
- Experience creating scripts with Python, familiarity with JSON and XML
- Knowledge of project management and process modeling (PMBOK, waterfall, agile, BPM, Lean). Coordinates projects and program execution.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software (R/SAS/SPSS)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (ex. sum function, charts, sorting, filters)
- Knowledge of data management and data visualization software (Business Objects, Tableau, SQL)
- Knowledge with relational databases and data warehouses (Oracle, Teradata)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex technical ideas
- Intermediate time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Ability to independently track and control deliverables without waiting for instructions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of mobile application testing and debugging
- Exposure to automation testing and advanced programming concepts
- Experience with programming languages besides Python such as Java, R and Scala and tools such as Eclipse, Android Studio, Xcode, Selenium, Appium, and Jupyter
- Web services testing experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top