Arity - Cloud Security Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
At Arity, we are utilizing cutting edge web services and cloud technologies to deliver amazing capabilities and products. We are searching for a cloud security engineer who can help design, implement, and deploy our next generation analytics platform to the cloud.
A successful candidate will collaborate across Arity and the Allstate organization to address security and compliance challenges, and assist with implementing and migrating solutions and workloads onto AWS. This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud web services in large scale computing environments.
- Drive cloud security engineering for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- 10 + years' experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
- Deep understanding of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Strong experience migrating applications from traditional data center infrastructures to hybrid or fully-cloud based environments.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- AWS Certification is required; AWS Certified in Advanced Networking is a plus
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP
- Some experience with Cassandra, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top