Arity Cloud Security Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Are you a security and compliance expert who can address the challenges of migrating systems and workloads to the cloud?
Are you skilled at helping customers and partners to address their information security requirements using cloud computing architectures?
Do you want to work with the very latest in cloud web services technologies to deliver amazing capabilities?
At Arity, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing security consultants to deliver architecture guidance. This individual will collaborate across Arity and the Allstate organization to address security and compliance challenges, and assist with implementing and migrating solutions and workloads onto AWS.
This role will specialize in all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance using cloud web services in large scale computing environments.
- Expertise - Collaborate with others on the use of AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon SimpleDB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
- Solutions - Define and deliver technical solutions across Arity. This includes understanding Allstate security and compliance requirements, and proposing and delivering options for implementation.
- Delivery - Accountabilities will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Insights - Work with engineering, support and products teams to as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
- Notable technical experience and collaboration skills
- 3+ years experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
- Implementation experience with enterprise security packages identity management and federation systems
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
- Experience advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as SAS70, SOC1, FISMA, etc
- Experience implementing security controls around ERP packages including SAP, Oracle
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Implementation of AWS services in a distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
- Current hands-on software development experience required; Internet-related business models preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top