Arity - Business Technology, Senior Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value. Our mission is to make transportation safer, smarter, and easier to use for everyone.
The Operational Excellence (OE) team equips Arity with the knowledge and tools needed to be strategically and operationally efficient, financially smart, and legally and ethically compliant. The OE team partners with teams throughout Arity and Allstate shared services to ensure compliance requirements are achieved and operational risks are effectively implemented and managed. In addition, this team sets the strategic direction for all internal tools and technologies that drive the team's ability to operate efficiently and effectively in all situations.
The Strategic Business Technology Senior Manager will be responsible for selecting, developing and supporting technology solutions that allow Arity to conduct daily business operations. The role will actively interface with Arity leadership and cross-functional stakeholders from groups such as product development, platform, and data science. They will actively lead and develop team members and will be a subject matter expert on business technologies that enable the organization to effectively and efficiently operate in a complex, big data environment.
- Identifies and leads change in the organization in alignment with broader organizational change initiatives.
- Oversee strategy for internal tools and technology solutions that enable Arity's daily business operations
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and enterprise strategies.
- Lead the selection and implementation of vended software solutions (i.e. Salesforce, employee productivity solutions, etc) to enable Arity's business needs and goals
- Negotiates solutions for issues that may be complex or controversial across multiple teams/functional groups.
- Oversee development and support of internally developed technology or sites such as Arity.com
- Acts as a liaison to Enterprise technology partners such as information security, infrastructure services and client computing as it relates to internal facing software offerings
- Manages team with significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
- Develops ideas and team strategy that have long-term, strategic impact on area of responsibility and that align with enterprise direction. Responsible for initiating work and allocating resources necessary to implement strategy and achieve organizational goals.
- Applies knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to drive business solutions on behalf of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
10+ years of management experience; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- Experience leading or managing the IT function at a complex, highly Agile technology company
- Experience selecting and implementing vended solutions, such as Salesforce, Slack, Confluence, etc
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts for SaaS based solutions
- Experience leading development of web, mobile and other digital software applications
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience building and managing internally facing software solutions that enable business processes (ie marketing, finance, HR)
- Experience with client computing management
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Strong coaching and listening skills
- Strong leadership skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top