Arity - Associate Product Manager - Sensors (Driving Engine)
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
Associate Product Manager, Sensors (Driving Engine)
At Arity, we believe the transportation system is broken and there is an opportunity to fundamentally make it safer, smarter and more usable. Arity teams use telematics, data, and analytics to help their customers address mobility challenges. Proprietary algorithms analyze billions of driving miles and activity streams and distill the flood of information into actionable insights.
The Platform team is intentionally designed to contribute horizontally in solving common sensor data collection, ingestion, transformation, and enrichment problems within Arity. As an Associate Product Manager for Platform Sensors (Driving Engine), you will join an ambitious team that is seeking ways to understand the increasingly dynamic nature of mobility. You will have the opportunity to identify and define customer pain points, ultimately being responsible for delivering the data and services that help customers achieve success. This includes managing the strategic product vision, gaining empathy for your customers and their needs, and executing on your product strategy.
Specifically, the Sensors (Engine) team delivers a core product within the Arity ecosystem crafted to embed insight discovery services into mobile host applications. Insight discovery services offer the host applications the ability to present a rich set of user engagement features while focusing on the key mission to evaluate sensor information into valuable filters and variables used to derive insights or meaning during key mobility moments.
Given the vast number of challenges that Arity could seek to try and fix, the Platform team is looking for an associate product manager to lead continuous discovery efforts and help prioritize opportunities across a potential suite of Cities products
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
Knowledge / Skills
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top