ARE-FM & Engineer-Team Ld I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Responsible for the operation of company owned or leased facilities in order to provide employees and guests at
each location with an environment that will enhance their efficiency, creativity and productivity while maintaining a
safe and secure workplace.
Leads the Facility team that manages the day to day operations of the company owned and/or leased facilities in their entirety including building and ground maintenance, asset management, expense planning, project management and vendor management.
- Provides day to day leadership to department
- Manages human resources including responsibility for hiring, training, coaching, salary administration and other managerial tasks
- Creates space planning strategies
- Vendor management including cafeteria services, janitorial and security
- Communicates to broad constituency including senior leadership and support contractors
- Coordinates projects and activities as assigned; this includes capital/leasehold improvements such as, building remodels, furniture upgrades, entrance/exist improvements and bathroom upgrades
- Prepares and recommends unit expense plans
- Conducts performance appraisals and career counseling
- Communicates policies procedures and practices
- 4 year college degree required
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Facility Services and procedures in areas such as, building automation, work order process, mechanical and electrical systems, elevators and generators
- Good communication skills
- Interprets and analyzes correspondence
- Plans and organizes work
- Solves some work related problems
- Minimum of 2 years general leadership experience
- Facility Management Professional recommended
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top