ARE-Bus Cont Relationship-Cons I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The main purpose of Enterprise Business Continuity Management (EBCM) is to provide expertise and assistance in risk identification and analysis services to the business areas to ensure preparedness in recovering business processes in the event of a critical incident or a business disruption to normal business operations occurs. This is accomplished by following a consistent approach for partnering across the enterprise to develop, test, and implement comprehensive business continuity (BC) plans that minimize disruption.
The BC Consultant I position is part of a larger team responsible for supporting Allstate's EBCM program including all activities necessary to enable Allstate to respond and recover when faced with a business interruption. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within business continuity management practices.The BC Consultant I will work closely with all BC relationship consultants to provide analysis of the BC exercise results and capabilities, for designated Areas of Responsibility (AoRs). This role involves supporting BC exercises, examining results and identifying risks faced by the AoRs, reporting impact, and driving planning that minimizes the impact of business interruptions.
- Work with the EBCM and AoRs by reviewing the table top exercise results and action items and identify and report on any outstanding gaps that need to be escalated and provide recommended resolutions.
- Execute BC protocols including sharing tools, templates, techniques and leading practices to conduct business impact analyses (BIAs), develop BC plans and evaluate exercises for missing or inaccurate information, which would be escalated to the AOR Coordinator and BC Relationship Consultant
- Review the BC plan exercise results to identify gaps to the Relationship Consultants. Advises Relationship Consultants and AoRs throughout the BCP process to improve the resiliency of Allstate's BC plans
- Conducts assessments, analyzes vendors' contingency capabilities and identifies gaps between technology or supplier availability objectives and communicate capabilities that need to be resolved to Lead BC Relationship Consultant.
- Analyze and maintain the Allstate GRC tool to identify BC planning needs to improve and maintain processes regarding the BC plan information and better align with standards and leading practices
- Summarize and analyze the results of Emergency Notification System (ENS) exercises and dashboard metrics to be presented to AoR leadership
- 1-2 years' of related BC experience required
- College degree or equivalent BC work experience required
- SharePoint and Content Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Advanced in Excel
- Experience thinking conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with BC metrics
- Experience working independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Exceptional time management skills; experience with prioritizing multiple deliverables
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top