Application Support Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Participate and support Incident, problem, change and configuration management.
- Support application availability objectives and mitigate risks
- Manage application upgrades and Lifecycle projects and tasks
- Ability to partner closely with key business stakeholders.
- Create code for simple changes, enhancements, and modules to ensure code works according to specifications and standards
- Analyze detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements-including technical recovery, security, and audit-to identify the need for, and assist with, the roll-back of units of work
- Analyze design materials and contribute solutions in design reviews to ensure designs meet requirements
- Track and resolve simple defects.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Maintain application runbooks
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Owns service level baselining, monitoring and event management for their products
- Analyze and resolve simple to moderate problems
- Analyze code to explain and identify possible issues with created code
- Prepare accurate data for test plan and modules; participate in testing reviews
- Create and execute unit code tests
- Execute change management activities
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a large enterprise environment.
- 2+ years of production support experience troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Agile Development experience
- Analysis skills, applying the technical solutions to problems and performance concerns
- Experience in .NET Applications and Development and Scripting is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top