Application Solution Architect-97888
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of voluntary insurance, we are committed to providing superior products and services with cutting edge technology, exceptional customer service and compassionate claims administration. With over 40,000 groups in force and insuring more than 3 million employees, we deliver the promise of the Good Hands every day!
The Solution Architect will work with many departments to design systems to support business solutions. The role's primary responsibility is to elaborate business requirements into appropriate solution artifacts and manage these through the project until the business and technical solution requirements are met. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills, but be able to become an expert in key areas.
• Apply reference architectures and positions toward the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality.
• Consult on the application of reference architecture and strategic direction of enterprise technology.
• Utilize or develop reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Domain architectural blueprint.
• Maintain awareness of current architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
• Assist with identification of opportunities to enhance existing architecture and assist with identification of potential business/customer benefits as a result.
• Advocate effective architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes.
• Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and adopt technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
• Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
• Ensure that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained.
• Lead the assessments and inspections of medium complexity physical and/or logical architectural components.
• Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture.
• Make recommendations for changes to the architecture.
• Develop appropriate architectural solution concepts.
• Develop and maintain current and future state documentation in adherence with Reference Architecture patterns.
• Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture's fit within the Domain.
College Degree with technical study or equivalent experience
7+ years technical experience in architecture/design
Excellent communication skills are a must.
• Experienced with service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployment
• Experienced developing applications using .NET and/or Java
• Experienced with logical database designs and relational data definitions to support object models
• Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server and Oracle
• Thorough understanding of software development processes
• Experience working with distributed technologies:
• Integration and Design Patterns
• Understanding different platforms such as Windows/Unix/Mainframe/AS400 is a plus
• Messaging interfaces (MQ, JMS)
• Business Process Modeling
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top