Application Security Data Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- The Application Security Data Specialist assists in integrating secure tokenization of Allstate's business critical applications.
- The Application Security Data Specialist will work closely with the security and software development team to identify optimal uses of tokenization technologies.
- Primary duties will include the following:
- Work closely with application and platform teams to implement tokenization and/or other security products that is tailored to the specific risks facing the data and organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Provide tokenization development training to developers and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Develop and maintain a change control process centered automation involving verification tests designed to ensure security controls are in place and error free on every change.
- Support and administer application tokenization products.
- Knowledge of System Administration for On Premise and Cloud Environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Knowledge of cryptography and hashing
- Knowledge of SDLC processes
- Knowledge of logging, monitoring and SIEM technologies
- Deep Knowledge (and profound curiosity) of Tokenization Technologies
- Deep knowledge of block-chain technologies (and successive iterations)
- A working understanding of agile and software development practices
- Proficient in at least one development languages such as PHP, GO, Java, Groovy, Ruby
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently
- Oral/written presentation skills
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top