Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
If you're a curious learner who has a passion for getting things done, thrives in an environment of servant leadership, we want you to join our tech team! As an experienced Software Development Manager, you will lead people by creating a shared vision, empowering and serving them by removing obstacles and helping them grow. You will constantly energize and enable your teams to rapidly and reliably deliver business value by engaging customers, continuously learning, and adapting allowing teams to rapidly pivot.
- Provides technical expertise to clients, IT management and staff.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans.
- Develops and communicates unit vision, strategies, critical success factors
- Hires and manages team of people; coaches, counsels, and develops team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Evaluates team and individual performance.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement of individuals and teams.
- Initiates process and organizational improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes.
- Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Manager with 12+ years of Development in below mentioned skills with exposure to JAVA/J2EE technologies experience. P&C Insurance domain experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Should have good communication skills
- Competent in Java related technologies
- A good understanding of the current landscape of API Platforms and how they benefit internal and external strategies
- 2+ years' experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams
- Detailed oriented to ensure that product success is paramount
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices, and techniques.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top