Application Developer-Sr Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Analyzing and reviewing business, functional and high-level technical requirements.
- Designing detailed technical components for complex applications utilizing high-level architecture, design patterns and reusable code.
- Supporting detailed project estimates and project work plans.
- Programming code independently for intermediate to complex modules following development standards.
- Planning and conducting code reviews for changes and enhancements that ensure standards compliance and systems interoperability.
- Creating test plans for module-level integration and tracking/resolving defects.
- Identifying code support issues, action resolutions, and providing technical assistance for moderately complex problems.
- Preparing and packaging production-ready code modules for staging.
- Ability to problem solve and reach resolution with a broader perspective in mind.
- Able to effectively communicate with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and across other technology team boundaries
- Follows documentation and development standards.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of solid Java experience
- Experience with unit testing software
- Solid understanding of main Object Oriented concepts (inheritance, composition etc...
- Good written and verbal skills
Experience with: Spring, github, React, JDBC, Junit, J2EE, JDBC, WSDL, XML, JMS, Enterprise Java Beans
Additional Experience a plus: FICO Blaze rules advisor
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top