Application Developer (SQL OR PL/SQL Experience)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $78 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private debt and equity securities and commercial mortgages, as well as, finance, risk and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged. For additional information about Allstate Investments, LLC, visit our website at www.AllstateInvestments.com
The position is for an Application Developer/Business Intelligence Engineer for the Reporting Team in Investment Technology. Candidate will design/architect, build, and support reports and dashboards within the MicroStrategy platform. The Reporting Team supports/develops ad-hoc and batch reporting to support the overall Investment Department. Tools in use include MicroStrategy, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Tableau. Reports are developed against Oracle & SQL Server database platform.
The position will be responsible for
- Information Delivery projects and initiatives with involvement in all phases of software development - requirements, planning, design, development, testing and implementation
- Providing daily production support for the reporting environment, and working across support teams to effectively manage and resolve production issues.
- Specific tasks :
- Creating complex reports/dashboards using filters, metric dimensionalities, prompts, hierarchies, consolidations, custom groups, and free form SQL.
- Building and maintaining MicroStrategy schema objects (attributes, facts, hierarchies, tables, views) and public objects (metrics, filters, templates, reports, dashboards.
- Managing MicroStrategy object promotion to non-production and production environments using MicroStrategy Object Manager and packages and performing unit testing on all object modifications.
- Maintenance, development, enhancement and administration of complex business intelligence queries in support of financial accounting, trading, portfolio management, performance measurement and asset analytic functions using MicroStrategy and/or Crystal reports.
- Maintenance and enhancement of the team's support documentation library.
- Working with reporting software vendors to open defects, log issues and seek resolutions and/or workarounds.
Minimum 3-5 years of IT development experience.
Minimum 2-3 years of Oracle development.
Nice to Have MicroStrategy Administration/Architect or Business Objects Administration/Architect experience
Education: College degree preferred.
Major preference: Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top