Application Developer - Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Application Developer creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance. Provides code/design analysis and strategy, supports project planning, and develops code and designs for complex projects. Manages the review of code, design, and testing for junior Application Developers and peers. Serves as a technical expert and coaches and mentors Application Developer specialists and professionals.
- Critiques and evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit)
- Evaluates detailed technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Maintains component design standards
- Designs solutions for high-complexity projects
- Ensures that design reviews are scheduled and executed. Provides feedback and recommends solutions. Ensure that design standards and documentation are followed
- Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validate accuracy of others' estimates and works with project managers in continuous process improvement for estimating
- Contributes to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements. Promotes and defines development standards
- Performs coding of complex modules, as needed
- Ensures project change management approach is followed and that enhancements are appropriately prioritized and developed, and all documentation is completed appropriately
- Acts as technical expert for junior level application developers
- Ensures code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards. Reviews and critiques code presented by team members and ensures code review is conducted and certifies that code meets quality standards
- Leads and organizes testing reviews. Tracks and resolves complex defects and assists in planning efforts of complex functional tests in support of Quality Control (QC)
- Defines and manage process by which support and technical assistance is performed
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages the resolution of complex problems
- Ensures delivery of change management activities supporting production deployments to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
- Reviews application configuration
- Manages vendor relationships
Education: Associates or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS and/or equivalent work experience;
5-7 years of application development experience with .NET; some Java preferred.
Insurance experience or specific industry designation preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top